Thursday, September 4, 2014

Overwhelmed



by Cindy Hester

"From the end of the earth I will cry to You, When my heart is overwhelmed; Lead me to the rock that is higher than I." Psalm 61:2

Dear Lord, my heart is overwhelmed. There are so many unknowns. There are so many "should haves" and "I wish I would haves." The days are filled with "I wish I could" and "someday I plan," but in a flash the day is gone and the evening is filled with "I wonder if I ever will." I feel as though the sands of time are slipping through my fingers leaving only the tiniest of fragments in my grasp.

As time passes, responsibilities increase. I pray I will make time to build those lasting relationships with my children and grandchildren. I pray I will live a life that leaves more of a legacy behind than what I did for a living, or what type of car I drove, or what kind of activities I participated in.

I am overwhelmed Lord, because my heart longs to slow down long enough to recognize those things that are of utmost importance to you. Those things of lasting value. I long to walk hand in hand with my husband in the quiet of the evening leaving the world's pressures far behind. I long to laugh and play with my grandchildren, holding them close before sticky candy kisses are a thing of the past. I long to tell them of Your love and grace and live before them in such a way that I really wouldn't have had to say a word..they would have known You by the way I lived and loved.

I long to build integrity and earn the respect of my children as a Godly woman. I long to love my family in such a way they know how their being a part of my life has forever changed me for the better. I want my friends to understand their value in my eyes. Most of all, I long to show Your love and grace to them all ,despite my failures.

Lord, lead me to the Rock that is higher than I, for my soul is overwhelmed within me. It is only through You and in Your timing that these things can be accomplished. Help me to know when to say yes, and when to say no. Help me when there is no choice. I place my present and my future into Your loving hands. I pray for others who also feel overwhelmed, and I thank You that *because of Your great love, we are not consumed, for Your compassions never fail. They are new every morning. Your faithfulness is great. You are my portion, therefore I will wait for You. You are close to those whose hope is in You, to the one who seeks You. Help me to remember that it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord.

I pray these things in the name of Jesus, Amen.

*Lamentations 3:22-26, My praying the scriptures paraphrase.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My readers are priceless to me. Please take a moment to leave a note that you stopped by!

Content With Who You Are

by Cindy Hester Photo by  Elizabeth Tsung  on  Unsplash Grab a cup of coffee, and let’s talk. I have to be honest, my heart is...