Monday, October 15, 2012

A Prayer for America by Cindy Hester

 
 
Dear heavenly Father, we all need you so,
Without you, dear Lord, our fears seem to grow.
I cannot know just what is to be,
Your word gives me promise, You'll take care of me.

When looking around at our current state,
It seems there's such anger, such pain, and such hate.
It's time we remember what made us so strong,
To honor the country to which we belong.

United we stand, divided we fall,
It is time that we hasten to answer Your call.
A call to Your children to hear and obey,
So far from Your calling we seem to have strayed.

Freedom and liberty can only exist
In responsible hearts and released, opened fists.
Without respect, love, pride, and justice for all,
Self-interests could cause our great country to fall.

It's time we remember as Your children so blessed,
We must seek Your guidance to pass through this test.
Only You have the answers for the problems we face,
May we fall on our knees and seek Your sweet grace.


"But if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land." 2 Chronicles 7:14


2 comments:

  1. You just get better and better, Cindy. I can never get enough of your blog!
    love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Pamela. I am just asking God's direction with each word I say. This is what God has laid on my heart to do. If I can make a difference for one person through words it will be worth it. Plus I just enjoy sharing my thoughts. I appreciate anyone who takes the time to listen :-) Love you Pamela, and I hope you have a blessed and highly favored day!

    ReplyDelete

My readers are priceless to me. Please take a moment to leave a note that you stopped by!

Content With Who You Are

by Cindy Hester Photo by  Elizabeth Tsung  on  Unsplash Grab a cup of coffee, and let’s talk. I have to be honest, my heart is...