Sunday, July 13, 2014

Overcoming

By Cindy Hester

My nephew posted this photo he took and his scripture thought onto my wall this morning. It struck a place deep in my heart. God has brought me so far from the place where He rescued me. I can't help but shout in thankful praise for this. 

That said, I am still a work in progress. Each day I am faced with choices, and often in my human frailty, I fail. As God's child, I know my sins were forgiven the day I submitted my life to Him as my Lord and Savior. As I have grown in my relationship with Christ, I no longer want anything coming between Him and me.

As long as we are walking in this broken world, however, we will deal with the effects and consequences of sin - both our own sin and the sins of others. This often leaves us feeling broken and useless. The picture and words Frank shared reminds me of the overcoming hope we all have. God can still take "the busted stuff I have and redeem if for something beautiful for Him."

Have a blessed Sunday.




Photo by Frank Aragon


I  pray  the Lord will take the busted stuff I have and redeem if for something beautiful for Him.
"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer." (Psalm 19:14 ESV)


#prayformaggie #rust #barrell #train #old#worshipleader #worship
 — at Pier 39, Port Of Galveston TX.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My readers are priceless to me. Please take a moment to leave a note that you stopped by!

Content With Who You Are

by Cindy Hester Photo by  Elizabeth Tsung  on  Unsplash Grab a cup of coffee, and let’s talk. I have to be honest, my heart is...