Wednesday, February 20, 2013

A Future Hope

A friend's brother underwent major heart surgery today. For some reason it brought back a flood of memories of the day Dad began his battle against cancer by undergoing massive surgery. Following is the outpouring of feelings resulting from these memories. Thank you for allowing me to share my therapeutic thoughts with you through the ongoing, sporatic grieving process. It seems to sneak up on me at the oddest times. May God bless all who are also experiencing this process.







by Cindy Hester
 
A memory came back so strongly today
So real that mere words just could not convey
The sharp pain I felt down deep in my heart
I held back the tears which threatened to start.

I saw you laid back in that hospital bed
My heart once again reliving that dread
The dread of knowing our whole lives had changed
Our entire existence had been rearranged.

We circled around your bed deep in prayer
Our hearts were burdened down with such care
The room was so full of love on that day
We’d stand strong beside you come whatever may.

You sensed the strong fear of what was ahead
With hands raised to heaven, you smiled and you said,
“It's going to be all right, no matter what,”
Words etched on my heart in a dear special spot.

It was just the beginning of a long, hard fight
We worked with you daily, with all of our might
To regain your strength, your memory, your life
You fought without malice through each day’s strife.

We're so very lucky to have had you so long
And now you’re in heaven singing loud, deep and strong
With angels and prophets, disciples and kings
Laughing and dancing for the joy heaven brings.

So though I may tear up from memories so dear,
You're now up in heaven, His voice you now hear.
You let Jesus use you while living below,
So much of God’s love on rich soil you did sow.

Seeds I see sprouting and blooming today,
Paying forward the kindness you shared on your way.
You helped others here on earth find their place,
By sharing the gospel, God’s love, and God’s grace.

I’ll see you in heaven some sweet, precious day
We’ll worship together; we’ll hold hands and pray
You’ll tell me of wonders I’ve yet to behold
And lead me through heaven, on streets made of gold.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment

My readers are priceless to me. Please take a moment to leave a note that you stopped by!

Content With Who You Are

by Cindy Hester Photo by  Elizabeth Tsung  on  Unsplash Grab a cup of coffee, and let’s talk. I have to be honest, my heart is...