Wednesday, January 30, 2013

A Poem to my Grandchild, My Sweet Little Tripp

by Cindy Hester
 
 
There’s a new little boy in my life named Tripp
Just holding him close releases my grip
On all of those countless, pent-up fears
Freeing those cleansing, heartfelt tears.
 
So happy and free are his sweet little smiles
No worries, no cares, no unresolved trials
The face of this baby, this dear, little one
So special to me, my second grandson.
 
With only one gaze in his gentle blue eyes
You’ve glimpsed into heaven, up past the skies
A place filled with infinite hope, peace, and love
A place here on earth we can only dream of.
 
 
You can count on my love to always be near
I’ll guide you, uphold you, your ways try to steer
Toward the divine, unique plan for your life
If God’s plan you follow, He’ll shield you from strife.
 
I’m so glad you’re here, my prized little boy
The latest sweet bloom in my bouquet of joy
I pray that you’ll flourish, and grow strong and free
You’ll always be priceless, invaluable to me.
 
 

1 comment:

My readers are priceless to me. Please take a moment to leave a note that you stopped by!

Content With Who You Are

by Cindy Hester Photo by  Elizabeth Tsung  on  Unsplash Grab a cup of coffee, and let’s talk. I have to be honest, my heart is...