Monday, October 1, 2012

A Poem for Randy

This week I want to share a poem I wrote for my first little grandbaby, Randy Kaleb. Randy is now four years old, and he is one of the lights of my life. We have since welcomed his cousin, our sweet Hollie, and his precious little brother, Tripp. Words cannot express how I love each of these babies, but I keep trying to leave a momento in poetry for each of them to have someday long after I am gone. Maybe, just maybe they will get a glimpse of my heart and how they have left their indelible mark there. I shared Hollie's poem in an earlier posting, and Tripp's is still a work in progress. Thank you for allowing me to reveal this vulnerable part of my soul.






 

A Poem for Randy
 
by Cindy Hester (His Maw Maw)
 
  
As I looked upon your forming shape,
the love that I felt, I could not escape.
Your hands, your feet, your sweet little cheeks,
A miracle of which only angels can speak.

Angels you've touched in heaven above,
those gone on before now send down their love
through this sweet little angel, this grandson of mine
in his precious eyes we'll see their love shine.

A smile crossed my face, and a tear touched my cheek
I felt such emotion, I barely could speak
As I heard exclamations of tenderness and joy
when the nurse finally revealed that you were a boy.

Little Randy Kaleb, you'll have so much care
Your sweet Grandma Rebecca and I gladly share
The privilege to show you of faith, hope and love
a fate given to grandmas from God up above.

 
Paw Paw Charlie will spoil you with all kinds of toys
especially those toys made especially for boys.
You'll learn baseball and football and I have no doubt
you'll ride plenty of 4-wheelers around and about!

He'll bring mischief and wonder and love that abounds
and even as far fetched as it no doubt sounds,
He'll sit up and rock you all through the night
If that's what it takes to make your world right.
 

Your Mom named you Randy after someone so rare
your Grandpa in heaven, his name do you share.
I didn't have a chance to know of this man
but the heritage he left has made me a fan.

A fan of the one who was loved by all
who knew him before he heard heaven's call
to join his sweet Savior in heaven above,
where he packaged you up and sent you with love.
 
So we'll welcome you Randy, with wide open arms
and pledge to protect you and keep you from harm.
You bring hope to us all with your love fresh and pure
you're God's promise to us that helps us endure.

To endure all the struggles and heartaches life brings
you remind us of joy that makes our hearts sing.
Please be patient and know that we'll sometimes fall
but in your little eyes, may we always stand tall.
 

2 comments:

  1. I literally have tears in my eyes. This is so beautiful, and it's easy to see the words come straight from your heart. You truly have a GIFT! Thank you for sharing!
    Trinity

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your encouragement Trinity. I hope God blesses you with a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete

My readers are priceless to me. Please take a moment to leave a note that you stopped by!

Content With Who You Are

by Cindy Hester Photo by  Elizabeth Tsung  on  Unsplash Grab a cup of coffee, and let’s talk. I have to be honest, my heart is...