Monday, September 10, 2012

Life Happens

Wow! Life has been eventful to say the least. Over the past couple of weeks our family has increased by a daughter-in-law and a new little grandson. When God said "go forth and multiply," my family took it to heart. It seems that every year we increase by at least one at the Hood Christmas. This year including my new little great niece, Abrianna, we have at least three new members to enjoy. (I say at least because the year is not over yet, and you just never know what may happen between now and then!) My Paw Paw Moore used to look at my Maw Maw chuckling saying, "just look at how much trouble this one little ring caused." He would really be amazed if he could see us all now.


Mr. & Mrs. Hester



Mr. Tripp Tyler Sheffield

Life truly does slip by in lightening speed. Watching Ryan as he waited for his bride to walk down the stairs, my heart saw the man that he has become. A couple of weeks later watching my little grandson, Randy, being introduced to his little brother for the first time, my mind comprehended how much of a little boy he now is. Both instances stung my heart simultaneously with joy and sadness...joy for the blessing of knowing the good things ahead for both, and sadness that it had taken for too short a time to reach these milestones.

This knowledge struck me with how precious little time I have to make my mark on the lives placed in my path. As a young mother I felt I had forever to become who I needed to be for my children. But time has passed and here they are, all grown up and making their own impressions on this world. I failed many times as a Mom and a Step-Mom, and I am sure I will make mistakes as a grandmother and mother-in-law as well. My hope and prayer is that in the final tally of it all, when each of these precious ones God has placed in my life thinks of me, I will have lived my life in such a way that all they can remember is my steadfast, unconditional love.





 

5 comments:

  1. Cindy- you are an amazing woman and I hope you know that! All my love to you and all my other cousins! Thanks for these blog posts. Love you!

    Paige

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindy you dobt know how much I love your Blogs thanks so much for sharing them.Bobbie Young

      Delete
    2. I am so glad you like them. It means a lot to me that my thoughts are enjoyed by others.

      Delete

My readers are priceless to me. Please take a moment to leave a note that you stopped by!

Content With Who You Are

by Cindy Hester Photo by  Elizabeth Tsung  on  Unsplash Grab a cup of coffee, and let’s talk. I have to be honest, my heart is...