Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I have made a commitment to write a poem to each of my grandchildren, but I also promised myself that I would wait until the inspiration hit to ensure each poem was unique to each child. I wrote Randy's poem not long after we found he was going to be a part of our lives. The inspiration for Hollie's came from a nickname that Charlie gave to her. Tiffanie decorated her room in butterflies, and the theme stuck with many of her baby accessories. We had the opportunity to go visit her in Indiana when she was only a few days old. It was a wonderful trip, but it was so hard to leave her there. Everytime we saw a butterfly it made us think of Hollie. Well a couple of months ago, her Paw Paw started calling her his July Butterfly. That led to Hollie's poem. Love you little girl.

My July Butterfly
A poem to Hollie
By Cindy Hester (Maw Maw)

With hair of gold and eyes of blue, you came into the world,
A little taste of heaven, a precious little girl.
I held you tight within my arms, as hours passed on by
With grateful eyes raised to the skies, my July Butterfly.

Your tiny hands amazed me, each detail, crease, and line,
A masterpiece... perfection... exact per God’s design.
Your story yet unwritten, “Protect her, God,” I cried
My thankful hands raised to the skies, my July Butterfly.

I want you to remember, as you mature and grow
No matter what your choices, no matter where you go,
My love will always be there, and when I’m not close by,
With hopeful eyes gaze at the skies, my July Butterfly

1 comment:

My readers are priceless to me. Please take a moment to leave a note that you stopped by!

Content With Who You Are

by Cindy Hester Photo by  Elizabeth Tsung  on  Unsplash Grab a cup of coffee, and let’s talk. I have to be honest, my heart is...